As the end of the year approaches we’d like to say thank you from everyone at ChildHope. We are really proud of the team, our partners and most importantly the help provided to the children we support.
Big thank you to:
- We were delighted to have been Sapphire System’s Charity of the Year for 2017 – a huge thanks to the team for all your amazing fundraising efforts!
- Thank you to Capital Group for their generous donation of £12,000 this year.
- We’ve had a super year with community fundraising. One of our longest supporters, Charles Medhurst, raised a whopping £1,025 (inc gift aid) at his coffee morning in September. The children at North Bridge House Pre-Preparatory school raised £1,097, and 13-year old Sadie Gellman was our fundraiser of the year designing and selling a cookbook which raised £1,554.77
- This year we raised over £1,500 at our festive bucket collection in London, thanks to Stac, Marie Claire and their talented carol singers encouraging the commuters to donate.
- To all our experts who gave their time and shared their knowledge to attendees at our lunch and learn seminars this year. Our next lunch and learn seminar will be in January – book your place.
- Thank you to Aberdeen Standard Investment for their on-going support, they were lucky enough to see the difference their support has made to the lives of the children in Peru. Read more about their trip.
- British Airways are supporting the Children’s Development Khazana (CDK) in in India with our partner Butterflies.
With your support:
- We are helping 155 families from our project in Sierra Leone that lost houses and businesses in the mudslides and flooding with clothing, food packages and business grants/support. 140 children from these households now have materials to go back to school.
- Completed the ‘From Sexual Exploitation to Education’ project in Uganda which supported over 200 commercially sexually exploited girls to withdraw from sex work, 31 access formal and 175 vocational education.
- Re-enrolled and supported 467 children in a school education, 200 families were displaced after the Nepal earthquake through our partner VOC have received livelihoods opportunities
- Provided formal education, vocational and life-skills training to 19,224 children through our partner Butterflies in India. 396 children were rescued and reintegrated to their families
- Secured funding from DFID to address modern day slavery in Nepal starting in 2018
- 204 child waste-pickers continued to access primary education in Dhaka through our partner Grambangla. 80 waste-picking adolescents received vocational skill training (e.g. tailoring, packaging, etc.) and related jobs in Dhaka through our partner Grambangla and Nari Maitree
- We have continued to be advocates and leaders in child protection, and have provided training to many other NGOs and corporate businesses.
We are excited about what the future holds for us and 2018 promises to be even busier. This month we kick start the year with the iconic actor Bill Nighy presenting our BBC Radio 4 Appeal on 21st January, which will raise vital funds for the children we support.
Thank you for your continued support, Happy New Year!